Behind White Oaks Pastures with Will Harris
If there's anyone who's been able to seriously scale a farm-to-fork business, it's Will Harris and his team at White Oaks Pastures.
Just in case you're not familiar with the operation, below is a bulletin list of only a few things they're known for.
White Oaks Pastures:
- Is a multi-species ranch (from cattle & sheep, to pigs & geese).
- Operate their own onsight UDSA processing facility.
- Is on the shelves of retailers like Whole Foods & Publix.
- Sells direct-to-consumers online.
- Have an on-farm store & restaurant.
- Is the largest employer in their county.
- Have been featured in the NYTimes, NPR & Forbes.
- Is famously known as the home of over 100,000 beating hearts.
It's run by a staff of 180 strong, and I've always been curious by how it all works!
Which is why we decided to invite him on for an interview to get a closer look. For your benefit and ours.
Tune in, to learn more about the business side of this fascinating ranch. I'm sure the conversation will leave you as inspired as it did me!
My big takeaway from the discussion was Will's outlook towards dealing with the growing competition from large corporate companies and venture startups.
If you also sell pasture-raised products, then you're feeling this competition as well.
And while you can't stop it, you can fight back by leaning on trust and authenticity.
Few are doing this better than Will's team. They're very gracious hosts – using tours, events, workshops, as a way to build a strong connection with their customers.
There's a lot we can all learn from their effort here. Don't skip this one!